Although we are a non-profit making institution, which exists primarily to serve the interests of ALL our members, we manage our institute using proven management principles and techniques, and thus strive constantly to achieve excellence in everything we do.
As the "heart" of our institute beats most strongly in our 4 regions - where interface with our membership is constant and critical - our National Chairman awards an annual floating trophy to the region which he adjudges to have been the best over the preceding 12 month period.
Judging is done initially on an objective basis, but with due respect to his freedom of judgement in making the (his) final decision.
The criteria used annually, and the relative weighting applied to those criteria in the final scoring, may be altered from year to year, and are thus also tanamount to objectives for the regions for the year ahead, as the individual regions obviously are then striving for excellence in these areas.
The criteria, to which different weightings are applied, according to their perceived performance, include the following -
- student numbers year on year, as a percentage of membership
- regional pass rate as a % of those who wrote the final exam
- comparative financial performance
- increase in overall membership numbers per region, as a percentage of exiting membership numbers
- (alternatively, at least) maintenance of existing member numbers
- efficiency of member subs collections
- highest new member recruitment numbers, as a percentage of membership base
* STUDENT GOLD PACK
- highest number of finalists relative to total number of students in each region
- highest number of award winners from amongst those finalists
- interest value
REGIONAL REPORTS TO NATIONAL EXECUTIVE (financial and on activities)
- reliability and regularity
- mix of social vs technical content
- regularity of submission of items of interest and concern to members, to our partner packaging journals
- regularity and reliability in submitting updated information for this website
NATIONAL EXECUTIVE AFFAIRS
- overall contribution to the management of the institute at a national level.
Are announced at our Annual General Meeting held each year (normally) in March, and have been -
2007 : KWA ZULU NATAL2010 : NORTHERN REGION
2008 : NORTHERN REGION
2009 : EASTERN CAPE
2011 : KWAZULU NATAL
2012: WESTERN CAPE REGION
2013: WESTERN CAPE REGION
2014: WESTERN CAPE REGION
Click on photo to enlarge